We keep all patient details on computer to help maintain accurate records and more efficient administration. Should you require to see your records please contact the surgery.
We give the highest priority to confidentiality. Medical records are not disclosed to anyone outside the practice without your written consent. All members of the practice are bound by strict rules and even the fact that you have attended surgery is regarded as confidential.
We are also bound by the Data Protection Act.
How we use your Health Records
Patients have the right and responsibility to fully participate in all decisions related to their health care.
- An environment of mutual respect is essential to maintain a quality practice.
- Patients have the right to communicate with health care providers in confidence.
In a health care system that protects patients' rights, it is reasonable to expect and encourage patients to assume reasonable responsibilities. Such responsibilities include:
- Being involved in specific health care decisions.
- Work collaboratively with health care providers in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans.
- Disclose relevant information and clearly communicate wants and needs.
- Use the surgeries internal complaint and appeal processes to address concerns that may arise.
- Show respect for other patients and health workers.
If you have a complaint please put it in writing and address it to the Practice Manager - Clare Abbatt, Beltinge & Reculver Surgery, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 6SR or email: email@example.com