What can a Patient Participation Group do?
PPGs are voluntary organisations, helping the practice to improve services
- Acting as a representative group that can be called on to influence the local provision of health and social care
- Providing feedback from patients, eg on appointment systems, consultation times and repeat prescription systems
- Monitoring the accessibility of practice communications
- Carrying out surveys into a whole variety of subjects, eg measuring patient satisfaction, health needs, awareness and expectations
- Helping to obtain the patient view
- Exploring the changing needs of patients