What are the benefits of a PPG?
Good for the community because:
- patients will have an organisation through which they can identify their own needs
- patients will be able to get an idea of what is needed to improve healthcare and make sure that the patient view is always represented
Good for patients because:
- patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff
- if appropriate, patients will be consulted about arrangements for their primary healthcare before decisions are made
- patients will benefit from improved communications with staff
- patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
Good for practice staff because:
- GPs and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to increase their effectiveness
- They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives.
- They will have a forum to voice concerns ideas and suggestions to patients
- they will get closer to the community for whom they care